The hovercraft Christy-5143 achieved the best results
The test drive of the Christy-5143 FC hovercraft was conducted as part of the exhibition "Russian Shipbuilding. Import Replacement" in the Gulf of Finland in the Lenexpo area, for the Search and Rescue Unit of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of St. Petersburg.
The pilots practiced steering skills in cramped conditions, under low-spanned bridges, in a sludge and last ice.
The test drive showed that the hovercraft Christy-5143 FC is easy to start at any load, has a soft stroke, a good clean print on the water and has excellent maneuverability, exceptional mobility, the ability to load and unload quickly.
It was also noted that the amphibian easily overcomes the obstacles and moves confidently over the ice-covered surface. The engine power is more than enough for a quick start from the water.
This vessel is really adapted for use for the direct purpose of the hovercraft, which can be successfully used in search and rescue operations.
Characteristics of Christy 5143 FC:
- Number of passengers: 6
- Payload: 500-550 kg (1102-1213 lb)
- Thrust engine: 120 hp
- Lift engine: 23 hp
- Fuel consumption: 15-20 lt/hr (4-5.3 gl/hr)
- Tank capacity: 160 lt. (42.3 gal)
- Max speed: 70 km/h (43.5 mph)
- Weight of hover: 700-800 kg (1544-1764 lb)
- Dimensions (L.W.H.): 5490 × 2200 × 2260 mm (216×87×89")
Christy hovercrafts are also actively used to transport the passengers to hard-to-reach areas, comfortable outdoor recreation, hunting and fishing.
Possessing unique amphibious properties, Christy vessels are indispensable vehicles that can freely move from the water surface to the shore and continue to move overland at the same speed.
● Christy-458 (4-seated, length – 4,8 m, payload – 450 kg);
● Christy-5143 (6-seated, length – 5,49 m, payload – 550 kg);
● Christy-7183 (6-seated, length – 5,9 m, payload – 650 kg);
● Christy-8183 (8205) (7-seated, length – 6,5 m, payload – 750 kg);
● Christy-9205 (8-12 seated, length – 7,4 m, payload – 1000 kg).